So you've qualified and applied for the APS - now what?
To receive the first award, you must also:
- be admitted to a qualifying degree or certificate program at a participating Alaska institution;
- notify your institution before the enrollment certification deadline that you plan to attend using an APS award;
- enroll in:
- at least 12 credits per term to receive a full-time award (6 credits per term for a reduced half-time award); or
- a qualifying clock-hour CTE program; and
You must also have unmet costs of attendance of $500 or more after considering all other non-loan aid, such as grants and other scholarships.
If you want to receive the maximum number of awards, remember:
- You must file a new FAFSA every year.
- You must meet continuing eligibility requirements.
- You have six years after high school graduation to fully use up to four years (eight semesters) of awards.