The website of the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE) is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without any modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained in this website User Agreement and Legal Disclaimer (also referred to as “this agreement”). This website is governed by the laws of Alaska and is maintained by the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE).
Web Site Purpose
Programs & Services
ACPE offers a suite of financial aid and outreach services, designed to increase access to higher education for all Alaskans. The Commission's financial aid products are not made available over the web other than through ACPE's official web site. Additionally, the Commission does not provide payday loans or cash advances, and any sites purporting to offer such products are not related to or endorsed by ACPE.
A complete list of State of Alaska programs administered by ACPE is available on the Programs and Services page. ACPE encourages anyone with questions about whether a financial aid product is offered by ACPE to contact the Commission via our Contact Us page.
Third-Party Websites & External Sites
The Commission has elected to be represented on a select number of third-party websites which are related to ongoing agency programs. ACPE pages on these sites are updated regularly by ACPE staff. Below is a list of official ACPE pages on third-party websites, and sites hosted on external servers that are maintained by ACPE:
Online Financial Aid Systems
This website includes online access to the ACPE's grant, scholarship, and loan management systems.
- Authorized employees of postsecondary education institutions participating in ACPE grants and scholarship programs are given the ability to certify eligibility of students enrolled at their institution for participation in the grant and/or scholarship program, and to carry out the associated postsecondary institution responsibilities, in order for their students to participate in these programs.
- Students are provided with individual access the grant and scholarship management system, also referred to as Alaska Student Aid Portal (ASAP), in order to view and update their contact and school attendance information.
- Students are provided with individual access to the loan management system to apply for education loans, view and update their contact information, schedule student loan payments, and review their student loan activity.
Any other use of this site or the data contained therein, including use by otherwise authorized users, is expressly prohibited.
All users of ACPE's online systems acknowledge:
- 1. It is my responsibility to keep my password confidential and not share it with others or save it in any format accessible to others.
- 2. I am responsible for all activities that occur while logged in using my user ID and password.
- 3. I agree to notify ACPE immediately of either a breach of my password security or any event of unauthorized use of my account.
- 4. I understand ACPE and the State of Alaska are not responsible for any loss or liability that I/my organization may incur as a result of any unauthorized person using my account or password.
- 5. I understand I am responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions and making myself aware of changes to the terms and conditions as may occur from time to time.
Additional Terms and Conditions
ACPE may wish to update or change this agreement from time to time to reflect changes in the service, changes in the laws affecting the services, or for other reasons deemed necessary by APCE and the State of Alaska. ACPE will make reasonable efforts to notify users of any changes; however, APCE reserves the right to make these changes unilaterally, and your continued access to or use of this website shall constitute your consent to such changes.
As a condition of your use of this site, you agree that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or contrary to this user agreement. You also may not use this site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's authorized use. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any ACPE account, computer systems or networks associated with this site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through this site.
The State of Alaska or ACPE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the online account features of the site or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations in your use of this website. You agree to be solely responsible for your actions and the contents of your transmissions through this website. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with a person or entity.
This website is provided "as is." While the State of Alaska and ACPE attempt to keep the information, materials and processes of this site as current and accurate as possible, the State and ACPE make no warranties or representations of any kind about this site or the information, software, functions, processes or other content herein. You agree that all access and use of this website and its contents is at your own risk. By using ACPE's online systems, you acknowledge that the State of Alaska and ACPE specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, common law, statutory, regulatory, consequential, compensatory, punitive, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of these websites (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), including any liability associated with any viruses that may infect your computer equipment.
Terms Applicable to Authorized Postsecondary Education Employees
By logging onto the grant and scholarship system on ACPE's website, postsecondary education employees are making the following certifications to ACPE:
- I am an employee of an institution that participates in the ACPE grant and/or scholarship program, and I have been authorized by my school's ASAP administrator to use this site for administration of an ACPE grant and scholarship program.
- I have read and understand the terms of my institution's Program Participation Agreement relative to ACPE grant and scholarship programs, including the governing statutes and regulations, and I agree to abide by those terms.
- I have read and understand the terms and conditions of student and institutional eligibility for ACPE grant and scholarship programs, and I will use this site only to take or initiate actions in compliance with those terms and conditions.
- I understand ACPE may audit activities performed on this site, and my failure to abide by the terms and conditions of site use or program participation may result in my institution being declared ineligible for continued participation in the Alaska Education Grant and/or Alaska Performance Scholarship program.
- I will contact ACPE or my institution's financial aid officer if I have any questions about use of this site or about terms and conditions of program participation.
- I will not order a disbursement of funds for any student unless I have verified that my institution's records document that student's eligibility for those funds in accordance with applicable statutes and regulations.
Additional User Agreements
Portions of ACPE's website may be governed by additional user agreements or terms and conditions. All such additional user agreements or terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by reference into this agreement.
Copyright and Permission to Use
Unless otherwise indicated, all content and materials on the ACPE site, including ACPE's logo, site design, publications, information, data, and files, and the selection and arrangement thereof are the proprietary property of ACPE and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
To obtain permission to reproduce the information (text or graphics) contained in this website for any purpose, submit requests to: Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education, P.O. Box 110505, Juneau, AK 99811-0505, or call (907) 465-6740. If permission is granted, the State of Alaska should be given credit, and ACPE must be provided a copy of the final product for approval prior to its publication.
All contents of this site are: Copyright ©2015 State of Alaska. All rights reserved.
Revised May 2015