Effective July 1, 2003
Amended May 30, 2012
Our Commitment to Your Privacy:
Your privacy is very important to us. To help protect your privacy, we are providing you with this notice explaining our information privacy practices. In addition to this notice, Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education - Alaska Student Loan Corporation (Marketing) (ACPE) loan program customers should refer to their annual privacy notice, specific to the administration of their financial aid. If you have any questions about the ACPE privacy policies and practices, please contact us at (800) 441-2962 (465-2962 in Juneau).
Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all non-public personal information collected by or submitted to ACPE. Examples include information from:
- Education loan, grant, or scholarship applications or forms you provide to ACPE, including automated payment requests;
- Schools, guarantors, the U.S. Department of Education and other organizations that provide information related to your enrollment or student status;
- Credit reporting agencies that provide information about your credit history;
- Contracted servicing organizations that provide information related to your financial aid history and transactions; and
- Government and private organizations that provide information we use to collect loans and locate customers.
Information Protection Standards:
The security and confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information and monitor compliance. We also require that our contracted service providers protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
Ways We Use Your Information:
We share information about you, as allowed by law, to perform business functions and provide you with appropriate levels of service. As part of ACPE’s quality control, staff training, and compliance programs, ACPE may record telephone calls made to or from customers. We disclose your nonpublic personal information only for legitimate business purposes and in compliance with applicable laws. We do not sell your private personal information or disclose information to non-affiliated third parties. Examples of ways we disclose your nonpublic personal information include:
- To organizations providing ACPE with services related to your account, such as: schools, guaranty agencies, credit bureaus, collection agencies, etc;
- To meet legal requirements such as tax reporting, reporting to the U.S. Department of Education, or to comply with court orders;
- To cosigners, parents, spouses, and other individuals authorized by you, either by signing your promissory note, through your specific written direction, or through your power of attorney. In this event, information provided may include health information that is relevant to your ability to repay your debt or ACPE’s ability to collect on your debt.; and
- To advocacy groups that have been designated to handle your affairs in the event of your incapacitation to handle such matters.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information:
You can manage your accounts, update your contact information and view your loan, scholarship and grant information online at www.acpe.alaska.gov. If you believe information in your account record is incorrect, please contact Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education - Alaska Student Loan Corporation (Marketing).