The completed application, application fee, and all supporting documentation outlined in the packet, in one mailing or email, should be returned to ACPE, P.O. Box 110505, Juneau, AK, 99811-0505 or EED.ACPE-IA@alaska.gov. All Renewal of Authorizations require Commission approval and must be submitted at least 90 days before the date on which the institutions current Authorization it scheduled to expire.
There are no fees for Renewal of Authorization as institutions participate in Annual Reporting.
The application process is as follows:
- The institution submits the appropriate application, forms, and supporting materials to ACPE.
- Staff reviews the submitted documentation in three review stages:
- Initial- Ensuring the completeness of the application. If the application is incomplete or additional information is requested, staff will contact the institution. Staff may establish a deadline to submit additional materials. Failure to meet this established deadline may result in a late fee and/or deferral to the next regularly scheduled Commission meeting.
- If this deferral occurs the institution may not operate other than under an approved teach-out plan until the Commission Authorizes the Renewal.
- Compliance- Ensuring compliance with applicable Statues and Regulations.
- Site Visit- On-site evaluation for compliance.
- Staff forwards a recommendation to the Commission for consideration at the next scheduled Commission meeting.
- The Commission reviews the institution information and staff recommendation at the quarterly meeting. Institution staff may comment on the information and recommendation at the meeting.
- The institution be invited to the Commission meeting, and a representative for the institution should be prepared to speak on behalf of the institution. A presentation by the institution or its representative may be requested.
- The Commission takes action on the application (approval, conditional approval, denial, or continuation of application). Renewal of authorizations may not exceed five years.
- Staff notifies the institution of the Commission's action.
Once an institution is authorized, any amendments to the items submitted in support of the application for Authorization must be submitted to ACPE for approval, including but not limited to policies, procedures, published documents, physical plant, faculty or staff.
In addition to authorization institutions being renewed, they must continue compliance with Annual Reporting and obtaining approval for any changes prior to implementation.